In 2006, there were 3,508 fatal road traffic incidents in the UK, nearly 10 a day. An estimated 33% of those involved were company car drivers. With the arrival of Corporate Manslaughter the levels of responsibility on companies to ensure the safe use of vehicles for company business are now greater than ever. Companies need to ensure that they:
- Have comprehensive road safety policies in place.
- Employ road safety management procedures, including risk assessment
- Implement practices to eradicate or minimise any risks identified
- Give staff the information, training and supervision they need to be safe on the road. Audit where necessary
- Broad Minded Events Driver Training can help your business comply with legislation, easily and cost-effectively.
By empowering your staff with the knowledge and skills to drive safely and be aware of their own personal safety you may benefit from:
- Greater staff confidence, resulting in improved morale.
- Improved driver standards, reducing the risk of accidents.
- Reduction in accidents leading to a reduction in associated employee and vehicle costs and inconvenience.
- Reduced wear and tear on vehicles saving on repair and servicing costs.
- Less insurance claims leading to cheaper insurance.
- Reduced stress levels and associated sick leave.
At Broad Minded Events we provide a tailored programme to specifically address the areas that are most relevant to your employees daily driving experiences. This includes a combination of driving techniques and understanding the driving dynamics of a car, how to read the road, conditions and other drivers as well as theory and hands on practical techniques.
We use professional driving instructors and can run courses at your premises or on location.
Please fill in our enquiry form or contact us for a tailored quote for your requirements.